This solid wood trestle desk can be easily customized or converted into a dining table, and it uses a pair of removable wedges to secure the stretcher making it easy to break down flat when needed. Check out how we built it in the video below and be sure to leave a comment if you have any questions!
Here are a few final shots of the completed desk.
Parts and Materials
- (4) 5/4 Cherry Boards - 5’ x 8" (Top, Legs, Stretcher)
- (1) 12/4 Cherry Board - 3’ x 8" (Supports, Feet)
- (1) 4/4 Hard Maple Scrap - For Wedges (Offcuts from above boards could also be used.)
- (8) 1-1/2" Screws / Washers
- Titebond III Wood Glue
Be sure to check out Our Workshop page for more details.
- Hitachi 12" Compound Sliding Miter Saw (C12RSH) - Latest version now sold by Metabo: C12RSH2S
- Grizzly G0691 Table Saw
- Grizzly 17" Bandsaw (G0513P)
- Grizzly 8" Jointer (G0586) on Mobile Base
- Ridgid 13" 3-Blade Thickness Planer (R4330) ( Latest version: R4331)
- Craftsman 17" Drill Press (22901) on Mobile Base
- Drill Press Table
- Bosch 5" Random Orbit Sander (ROS20VSC)
- Rockler 16-Piece Forstner Drill Bit Set